http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-1and-2.html
http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-3.html
http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-4.html
http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-5.html
Annie rolled over in bed, tossing the same as she had for the past few nights. It had been three days since she received the letter from Daniel-Edison Ath, Ben had been traveling around the country using her credit card for truck stops and hotels.
Ride of the Valkyries begins playing, it is Annie's work cell phone. It is the courthouse again, Judge Lakewood is not happy about her running out of his courtroom and then disappearing. She decides to answer. "Hello Judge."
"Miss Bradly," Judge Henry Lakewood spoke softly but sternly, "nice to finally hear from you. I have found a way you can make up for your escapade earlier this week."
"Judge, I am so sorry about that."
"It is all right, I know the people you defend, I am sure the stress must have gotten to you. My offer may help ease your conscience."
"I can't make any promises."
"That is fine, I am in need of a public defendant for a case I am proceeding over. Take this case and I will put the other trial on hold till this one is over."
"I-I-I don't know..." Annie trails off.
"I understand, but get back in-touch with my office by the end of business tomorrow so I can start your case again or the new one first thing Monday morning."
"Thank you Hen- Judge, good bye now."
"Good bye and good luck Annabel." They both hang up.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment