http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/08/twimc-annie-bradly-part-6.html
Annie laid in bed for a while longer. The clock ticked by the seconds. The judge's offer lingered in her head. About a week and half left, "Should I take it seriously?" Annie pondered. "My reputation is blown now anyway," she spoke out loud.
She picked up her cell and dialed the office of Judge Henry Lakewood, the phone rang, voice mail. "Hello, Henry, I think I will take the case. If you could please pass the file to my office, Jack will get it to me. Thank you."
___________________________________________________
Clothes litter the floor. Shoes tossed about. Annie is now showered, dressed, ready to return to the courtroom again. As she put on the finishing touches of her make-up the familiar ringtone of her work cell sounded again.
Annie looked at the caller ID, Judge Lakewood. "Hello, I just finished getting ready, I will be at my office in half an hour-"
Henry interrupts her, "Annabel, there is no need to bother now. The poor kid was just found dead in his cell. Take some more time if you want, your other case is on hold as well while the investigation is under way."
"Henry, what about..." Annie's thoughts trailed off as she spoke, there are no words to speak what she is thinking.
"I'll call you when I might need you again. It looks like a week or two. Take a vacation."
"Okay, and thank you again, maybe I will take a vacation, maybe for a week and half..."
"Take care Annie," the judge hangs up leaving Annie holding her phone.
To be continued still...
No comments:
Post a Comment