http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-1and-2.html
http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-3.html
http://taostwimc.blogspot.com/2011/07/twimc-annie-bradly-part-4.html
The phone rings for the umpteenth time since Annie locked herself in her office earlier that day, she knew it was either, the D.A, her client, the judge's office, but by now it was mainly her assistant making sure she was still alive.
Annie answered, "Yes, I am alive." She thought to herself, "At least for two more weeks that is." She chuckled at that thought as she nursed her bourbon, her fourth since she got in.
The phone rings again. "I am going to fire that guy, can't he tell i just want to be alone?" Annie says to herself just before she answers, "Jack, I'm alive, pack your things and get-"
"Annie!" Ben interrupts, "I wanted to check up on you, I heard about this morning."
"Oh, Ben. I don't know what to do."
"I haven't found anything out yet. As best as I can tell, the signature on your letter matches the others ones that have been made public. Your letter was also handwritten, which means whoever signed it must have had a lot of practice."
"That is fine, but does that get you any closer to who wants me dead?"
"Just for the work I have done for you, I could write a novel with all the people that want you dead."
"Hardy hardy har har, what do you suggest I do?"
"Don't run, I would listen to them and stay, but can you act like you did? Maybe whoever it is will chase you, but you won't have gone anywhere?"
"Okay. Let me do a couple of things, then I will call you again." The lines go dead as both parties hang up.
No comments:
Post a Comment